Australian Government copyright policy
In accordance with Australian Government policy, the Commonwealth of Australia (the Commonwealth) through the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (the department) aims to make public sector information available on an open and reusable basis where possible, including on this website.
Water Quality Guidelines website
Most material on this website will be protected by copyright held by the department or a supplier of information to the department. Your right to use this material may be permitted under:
- An open access license: For example:
A Creative Commons (CC) Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license. The terms and conditions of the CC BY 4.0 license are available on the Creative Commons website. Where a CC license applies, the material will be marked with a CC logo such as:
- A restricted license: The terms of such a license will be set out in association with the material covered by it.
Where you use material licensed to you by the department under a CC license, you must attribute that use in a specific way and include the web address where the material was obtained:
ANZG 2018. Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality. Australian and New Zealand Governments and Australian state and territory governments, Canberra, ACT, Australia. Viewed [insert date viewed], [insert web address where material was obtained].
Use of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms
The terms under which the Commonwealth Coat of Arms can be used are detailed on the It's an Honour website.
No circumvention of terms
You must check and comply with the licensing information for each set of material you wish to use. This may require you to contact the department or a third party copyright owner for permission to use the material. You may also use any material in accordance with rights you have under the Copyright Act 1968 (for example, under the fair dealing provisions or statutory licenses).
Use of material in a way not permitted by this copyright notice may be an infringement of copyright. Infringing copyright may expose you to legal action by, and liability to, the copyright owner.
Linking to the Water Quality Australia website
The department is happy for you to link to pages on the Water Quality Australia website, but please observe the following conditions:
- links must be presented in a way which fairly represents the department’s role and the Water Quality Australia site
- the context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by the department
- the context of the link must not suggest that the department has created any of your content i.e. the source of the material must be clear.